Monday 2 February 2009

Big mistake

After squashing the collision detection bug I thought I'd be able to start making a usable engine using OpenGL but I've discovered a show stopping bug and am now comtemplating how to proceed. Here's a screenshot of what's gone wrong.As you may have noticed, the draw order is all buggered. There's a very good reason for this and it isn't really something I saw coming. I did ponder very briefly if it was possible for this to occur but figured if it could happen I'd deal with it when it did, and it has. In essence: Each object is at the bottom of the list (nearest the screen) but is also behind the object at the top (furthest from the screen) of the list and so things poping out from behind other things when they shouldn't. No object is decisively in front so the sorter orders them incorrectly. Back to the old drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment