Saturday 25 April 2009

Boring boring tools

After working on the isometric engine for so long and hitting countless dead ends and brick walls I'm currently taking a break from all that by building some tools for use with the engine. I'm currently working on my sprite editor which will allow me to import a bitmap image, split it into frames, add anchor points to each frame and then save it in my hand rolled sprite format. Alongside that I'm just learning a bit more about OpenGL vertex arrays and seeing if I can utilise them to increase my ever dwindling framerate. Did check out display list but they seem unsuitable what I'm doing not only because they are now deprecated and probably won't be supported at all much longer but also because they only seem to be useful for static stuff. Might be handy for a UI overlay but aside from that I can't find much good for them. I'll try and post a bit more from now on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment